This RFI process provided an opportunity for interested parties to present their information, in an equal, transparent and open process.
Submitted ideas needed to consider a range of important factors for the township and region, including:
- economic viability
- environmental sustainability
- year-round activity
- building new business and employment opportunities
- local and regional employment opportunities, including support for Aboriginal economic participation
- broad tourism outcomes, including opportunities for cultural tourism ventures
- positive social outcomes for residents and businesses in the region.
The aim of this RFI was to gain sufficient feedback from interested individuals, businesses and groups to inform economic and social plans for the region.